"" The Exhausted Mom: "Not So Mommy" Trends for Summer

June 3, 2012

"Not So Mommy" Trends for Summer

Yeah, I'm a mom.  But that doesn't mean I have to LOOK like my mom.  

But since I AM a mom, I choose comfort instead of high fashion.  I need room to move when I'm chasing the boys from one place to another.  Not to mention I live in steamy South Florida, so I need thin fabrics that breathe.  

Here are some trends that work well with any mom's summer plans from staying home to traveling around.  All with the kids in mind!!


JCrew Camp Popover shirt $69.50
My go-to outfit for summer is a t-shirt and shorts or jeans.  I really love the look of a white t.  This top from JCrew is a nice alternative to the almighty t-shirt.  It also makes the look a little more "finished." 






A-line Maxi Skirt from Gap $49.95


I said that I love comfort and t-shirts, what better way to combine the two than with this maxi skirt from Gap.  You can pair these type of skirts with a simple tank or one with more pizazz.  Add flip flops or wedges to change the mood.


Utility jacket from Gap $79.95






Change your every day outfit by adding a jacket with color.  I LOVE this utility jacket from Gap.








Nautical Hobo Bag from Forever 21 $22.80
The nautical look is all buzz this summer! Try adding this piece to your wardrobe even if you can't make it to a boat.  It's also nice and roomy in order to carry your kids' needs as well.  

When looking for trendy accents, I like to shop at Forever 21.  The prices are just right that even my husband won't get mad.
Colorblocked Bangle Set from Forever 21 $7.80






Sam Edelman Gigi sandal $65






And no look would be complete without the right SHOES!  I love getting neutral shoes that I can justify by wearing them with many outfits.  These Sam Edelmans are just that...comfy and go well with everything! 



What are your favorite summer pieces?  How do you change your favorites so that you don't look so "mommy-ish?"



Alexis

1 comment:

  1. Love this. I'm the same way... I like comfy and breathable for the same reasons you do!!! :) I really enjoy the maxi dresses lately.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio