"" The Exhausted Mom: Holiday Traditions ~ A "Hand" Painted Tree Skirt

December 17, 2012

Holiday Traditions ~ A "Hand" Painted Tree Skirt

The countdown to Christmas keeps getting shorter and shorter....I'm trying not to freak out about how much I still have to do...

This tradition is one of the top ones on my holiday list each year.  Our tree skirt.  I know many people just have a regular beautiful tree skirt around their tree, but mine means a little more.  Our skirt has the boys' handprints from each Christmas.  


I started the tradition in 2005 when "Little Ricky" was only 10 months old.  He was so little...  And in 2006, "The Nag" was only 3 months old...it was really hard to keep his hand still.  


Now they are so big and getting bigger by the minute.  **sniff, sniff**




I add the handprint to the skirt each year and write their names and the date. 

I can't take complete credit for this...I stole this idea from some room moms that I had 11 years ago and combined it with an idea from my husband's cousin.   I absolutely love it and love to see how much the kids have grown.

Maybe when the boys are older with a family of their own, I will cut the skirt apart and give each of them their own hands.  But for now, it's our family memories and a tradition that we look forward to each year.


Alexis

1 comment:

  1. i love this idea...the kids must love seeing how their hands have grown. i am kicking myself for forgetting to do this last year for Ava's first xmas...this year we will have to start it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio