"" The Exhausted Mom: Taking a Chance and Making a Change

June 3, 2013

Taking a Chance and Making a Change

I'm scared of change.  

Don't get me wrong, I like new, but something about the word "change" just scares me.  

And now I'm facing my fear and making a change in my life.


For as long as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a teacher.  From loving kids to being a complete Type A personality, education was the career path that I've wanted to follow.  About 12 years ago, I was bit by the curriculum bug.  I was asked to be on a Social Studies curriculum writing team while I was teaching in Maryland.  I realized that I wanted to impact education from a different way.  Then I became an educational consultant with SRA/McGraw-Hill and was able to teach and coach teachers using curriculum and best practices.  

I was in love!

Not only was I working with curriculum, I was teaching teachers.  I was impacting the learning of children from the top down.  This is what I wanted to do.  Unfortunately, there wasn't full-time work with this type of work, so I went back to the classroom.  

So now, 8 years later, and I was still in the classroom.  Until now.

I've recently left my teaching position.  

I left because that "curriculum bug" is still biting me.  I left because I felt that if I didn't leave now, I never would.  I left because I want to grow. 

Most people leave their jobs because they have something on the horizon.  Not me.  My husband gave me the "green light."  I've learned when you have the "green light," you take it.  I have one year to "find myself" and find something that I love.  I know it sounds crazy, but maybe crazy is what I need right now.  


This about sums it up!


Wish me luck!

Alexis

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio