"" The Exhausted Mom: Will I really feel firm?

July 23, 2011

Will I really feel firm?


So I had a weak shopping moment.  Ok, so I have a lot of those....but this one was abnormal for me. 

After a night of a few glasses of wine, I was watching the wonderful world of info-mercials.  One caught my eye in particular.  The Firm Express.  This lovely info-mercial showcased a bunch of women who previously had lumpy mid-sections and weighed in the obese categories for their heights.  Then miraculously, by following this 30-day workout plan, they each lost oodles of pounds and countless inches to reveal their former teenage sizes.  And the exercises are only 20 minutes long...I can do anything for that short amount of time!

I paid special attention to this 30-something girl who had a "spare tire" and dimply thighs.  I sat with my glass of Pinot Grigio, listening to her story as I spoke out loud to the TV about the same issues that I have with my body.  Then it came...the website to log on to so that I could order this gift from the weight loss Gods.  I immediately ran to my purse, plucked my credit card out of my wallet, typed the website into my computer, and (you guessed it) ordered the workout videos. 

Now mind you, I belong to the gym.  My membership was a gift from my husband who usually never listens, yet he just happened to listen to one of my rants about wanting to lose weight.  Doesn't he know I just wanted to complain, I didn't want him to solve that problem?!  I hate to work out, but I do try to go to the gym at least 3 days a week.  But for some reason, this is different.  With the promise of huge results in just 30 days, how do I pass it up?

I'll admit, I'm skeptical.  But I will give anything a try.  So I will keep you posted on my journey to become "Thin in 30!"

Maybe this will help me feel less guilty about my nightly chocolate indulgences...

Alexis

12 comments:

  1. Look forward to hearing if it works! Keep us posted!
    I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Hope you'll hop by and visit my blog too!
    Have a great weekend!
    nancy
    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. New GFC follower-kport207 from the hop. Would love for you to come visit my blog and follow in return.

    www.justthetwoofusanddeals.com

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know once you reach a certain age, unless you have tons of money, I don't think the ordinary woman stands a chance of looking like Jennifer Aniston so I have embraced all the lumps and bumps and work on what I can. I am just grateful to still be alive! I am a new follower of your blog thru GFC and Facebook. I would love a follow back on both when you get a chance. Thanks so very much and have a great day!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new follower from the Sunday blog hop. Hope you'll follow me back. Love the title of your blog! It says it all! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck! I hope it works, let us know :)

    found you on relax and surf blog hop ~ I'm a new follower!

    Annie
    http://anniedees.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interested to see how it goes! I am your newest follow from Relax and Surf Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I really hope it works for you. I am pretty skeptical about infomercial products. I am a new follower from the Let's Get Social Sunday Hop! I would love for you to stop by http://aboutamom.com to say hi & return follow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alexis!! :O)
    I'm a new follower from blog hop!
    You can follow me back at http://ourlittleinspiration.blogspot.com

    Angie
    A Little Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, the Firm. I have a few of the VHS from when it was just "The Firm". It called for a couple of "props" and I just didn't want to spend more money so they are probably the one workout I didn't try! I love to workout too!
    Love your blog! Found you at the Sunday Hop. Come check mine out at http://imperfectlypamela.blogspot.com/
    Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hard to believe anything could work that fast, but it sounds good. I am a new GFC follower from the Let's Get Social blog hop. Visit my daughter and I at our blog, Says Me Says Mom (http://saysmesaysmom) where we talk about anything and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I have degrees in psychology, health, and nutrition and I still fall for this stuff! Great blog, I'm a new follower!

    http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck, we are with you! I'm following from the Totally Tuesday hop!

    Michelle @ Things Sent My Way

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio