"" The Exhausted Mom: Some Things to Keep Me Sane....

August 25, 2011

Some Things to Keep Me Sane....

If you can believe it, I am exhausted pretty much all of the time....
Just when I'm feeling overwhelmed and insane with all that is going on in my life, I look to some things to keep me sane....


1)  My computer.  I can lose myself on this thing....


2)  Guilty Pleasures.  I am obsessed with teenage drama TV.  I'm particularly fond of "Gossip Girl," "Vampire Diaries," and "Pretty Little Liars."  Yes, I'm aware that I am 30+ years old.....


3)  Real Housewives.  I know what you're thinking..."real?!"  But come on, it's awesome! New Jersey is my favorite! The craziness is the best part!  (I apologize to any fans, but the Miami cast is anything buy Miami....not to mention most of them don't even live here!)


4)  Starbucks Chai Lattes.  MMMMMMMM!


5)  Ice cream.  Yeah, I said it.


6)  SHOPPING!  They don't call it "retail therapy" for nothing!  I've asked my accountant if I can place this therapy under medical bills.  He wasn't amused.


What keeps you sane in this insane life?


For more ways to stay sane, check out Staying Sane With Housework.




Alexis

7 comments:

  1. Starbucks and my laptop keep me sane too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh my gosh. I'm glad I have a fellow teen drama/Real Housewives watcher. I watch ALL (in addition to even more horrible ones!) of those shows and it drives my husband absolutely crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love teen drama shows. My new favorite one that I just started watching is Greek. I bought all the seasons on DVD. Shopping is THE best therapy!

    Following you from Super Stalker Saturday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee and computer keep me sane too! I Like your Blog! I'm following! Happy Weekend hop! Namaste!

    http://mamiholisticaygenial.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! You are my kinda girl then! I love The Real Housewives and Star b's. I was watching The Hills for a little while...shhh...don't tell anyone..ha! Shopping..YES please!

    I'm your newest follower. Thanks for the like on my FB and if you like what you see on my blog, please follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the ice cream!!! New blog follower. www.laborlooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Second Cup hot chocolate and Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice (especially in the fall).

    New follower from Monday Mom Blog Hop.
    http://shrinkingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio