Is it a cocktail, a serving of vegetables, or a brunch staple? Oh yes, it's all of the above!
Sign of the Whale. Each Sunday, this D.C. establishment would tempt me with their Bloody Mary bar. They would hand you a pint with vodka and tomato juice, then you would take your drink to a bar full of spices and create your own. Ah, HEAVEN!
Since every one's Bloody Mary is unique to their tastes, I wanted to present you with my favorite flavors.
- Start with about 1/3 of a pint glass with vodka. And then fill with ice.
- Fill the rest of the glass with tomato juice or V8.
- 1 dash Old Bay seasoning (a nod to my Maryland days...)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1/8 tsp. horseradish (pure, never creamed)
- Squeeze half of a lemon
- Add 3 Spanish olives
- Garnish with celery stalk.
Remember, no two Bloody Marys are alike...just have fun with your spices and your taste buds!
Enjoy any time of day!!