Sargento is geared up for the ultimate summer cheeseburger showdown! Everyone's favorite cheese company has created the “America’s Ultimate Cheeseburger” contest on the Sargento Facebook page. Sargento has asked chefs in New York, Miami, Chicago, Milwaukee and San Diego to square off and create a cheeseburger featuring their city or state’s famous culinary flair and Sargento all natural, never processed cheese.
Since I live in Miami, my vote is going toward The Filling Station Cheeseburger. You can try their recipe at home.
"The Filling Station Cheeseburger"
|Photo courtesy of Sargento|
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
• 8 oz. ground chuck
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Garlic powder
• Onion powder
• 1 fresh kaiser roll
• 3 slices of peppered bacon
• 4 slices of Sargento® Natural BlendsTM Deli Style Sliced Colby-Pepper Jack Cheese
• 1 medium sized egg
Balsamic Caramelized Onions:
• 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1/2 Tbsp. butter
• Pinch salt
• Pinch pepper
• 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Garlicky Mustardy Mayonnaise:
• 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
• 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
• 1 tsp. spicy mustard
• Shape beef into patty.
• Prepare Balsamic Caramelized Onion. Season patty with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
• Sauté onion in a nonstick pan with butter, salt and pepper. When the onion is cooked soft add vinegar and stir until absorbed. Remove onions to bowl and wipe pan clean.
• Place bacon on baking sheet, sprinkle lightly with cracked black pepper and bake according to package instructions. Prepare Garlicky Mustardy Mayonnaise by mixing mayonnaise with garlic and mustard.
• Place burger patties on grill and cook to desired doneness. Top with cheese and cover until cheese is fully melted. While the burger is cooking, cook the egg over easy in a skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Place burger with cheese on bun. Top with peppered bacon, onions and egg. Spread the Garlicky Mustardy Mayonnaise on top of the bun. Double Bacon Cheeseburger.
Now, it’s your turn to play a part in cheeseburger history! Cast your vote on the Sargento Facebook page to help crown “America’s Ultimate Cheeseburger.”
***Disclosure: I received products and compensation from Sargento Foods Inc. and The Motherhood as part of my participation in this campaign. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.