"" The Exhausted Mom: Sane Cooking ~ Banana Muffins

August 28, 2012

Sane Cooking ~ Banana Muffins

Do you buy bananas but never seem to finish them before they go brown and yucky?  It happens to me ALL the time!!  I hate to just throw away the rotten bananas.  I guess I could make baby food with it, but as you know, there aren't any more babies here.  I make banana muffins!

My mom has been making banana bread my whole life.  A nice warm slice with a glass of milk...YUM!

"The Nag" is completely infatuated with mini muffins.  It doesn't matter the taste, just the fact that they are mini muffins is enough for him.  (And I really like them too!)


Banana Muffins
 
Ingredients:

1 1/4 c flour
3/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas (the more brown the better)
2 eggs
walnuts optional

Preparation:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Sift dry ingredients in bowl.  In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients with beater until well mixed.  Slowly add the dry ingredients with the wet ones; continue to beat.
  • Bake in a cupcake pan with liners or spray with cooking spray for 15-20 mins.  You can also bake in loaf pan for 30-35 mins.

We don't seem to make it past 3 days with those little guys!  Everyone grabs them by the handful as they walk out of the house in the morning.

ENJOY!


Alexis

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio