"" The Exhausted Mom: Cheap & Easy Mother's Day Gifts

April 23, 2013

Cheap & Easy Mother's Day Gifts

Mother's Day is around the corner.  A day for all you exhausted moms out there to be recognized and honored for all that you do!

In the past, my husband and kids have given me great gifts.  Perfume, flowers, DIAMOND EARRINGS....  Let's just say I've been spoiled.  This year, we are on a major budget so I won't be expecting any big ticket items.  That's why I've put together this list of cheap and easy Mother's Day gifts that would mean so much to me.


*Mommy Journal:
No, I'm not hoping to become the next "Bridget Jones."  I saw this somewhere before (don't remember where).  It's an unlined journal where your kids can write you a note or draw a picture each year.  What a great keepsake to look at each year on Mother's Day or any holiday really.




*Coupon book:
This is an ol' faithful.  I would love a coupon book with chores that the kids (and husband) promise to do.  I would just hope that they put enough coupons in it so that I can cash in the whole year through!
 



*Breakfast in bed:
My husband makes yummy breakfasts.  I would love a tray all decked out with a rose, hot coffee, and all the regular breakfast trimmings like you see in the movies.
 



*Alone time:
This one goes hand in hand with breakfast in bed.  I want them to drop off the breakfast & then leave me to my own devices.  Is that mean?  I love them.  I really, really do.  If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be a mom, so I really should want to spend it with them.  But come on.....I need a day off!


What are some ways that you want to feel appreciated this Mother's Day?

Alexis

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio