OH MY GOODNESS!! It's 48 days until Christmas! I haven't started shopping and I haven't even begun to make my list. What's a girl to do?
I absolutely LOVE to shop!!! This time of year is my favorite time because it's an excuse to shop and my husband can't say no!!
I follow a few simple steps in order to move sanely through the holiday shopping time:
1) Make a list. Oh yeah, the lover of lists has a HUGE list for my holiday shopping! I start with my easiest recipients: the kids. They are easy because they will explicitly tell me what they want.
2) Set a spending limit. I try ("try" being the operative word) not to go over a certain price limit per person.
3) Online shopping. For some of my shopping, I go online. Especially for those people who are hard to buy for.
See Tech Savvy Mama's 7 Tips for Safe Online Shopping
4) Slowly but surely. Oh yeah, it helps win the race. I try to do a little bit each week. This way I'm not stuck shopping at the last minute. (Can't stand the crowds...)
5) Buy myself a little something. YES I DO! Just a little something. How can you be surrounded by so many new things and not?
How do you stay sane while holiday shopping?