"" The Exhausted Mom: Sane Cooking ~ Chicken, Spinach and Feta Pizza

December 19, 2011

Sane Cooking ~ Chicken, Spinach and Feta Pizza

After a long day at work, errands, and the many activities that my kids have, I'm pretty much too exhausted to make a home cooked meal.  As tempted as I am to just go through the local drive thru, my thighs aren't in the same agreement.  


Here is an idea that I had with a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken that I picked up from my local grocery store.


Chicken, Spinach and Feta Pizza


Ingredients:
Rotisserie Chicken
1 bag of pre-washed spinach
1 pizza dough (I like the one that I get in the bakery aisle...you could use the ones in the refrigerated aisle as well)
crumbled Feta cheese



Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Flatten the dough into an oval and place on a pizza stone or cookie sheet sprinkled with corn meal.  Spread olive oil and salt on dough.
Place dough in oven.  As bubbles form, poke the dough with a fork.  Leave in oven for approximately 10 minutes.

 
Shred half of the rotisserie chicken (save the other half for tomorrow's dinner).  Spread evenly on dough.  Add half of the bag of spinach to top of chicken.  Sprinkle Feta cheese on top.  Spread more olive oil on top.


Place pizza in oven until the top is golden brown.  Keep in mind that Feta cheese does not melt.  


So much better than take out!


Enjoy!


Alexis

1 comment:

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio