"" The Exhausted Mom: Pay It Forward Friday ~ Empowered and Uplifted

August 9, 2012

Pay It Forward Friday ~ Empowered and Uplifted

Meet Barbara Greene, teacher & Mary Kay consultant:

 

Barbara believes that everything happens for a reason or to prepare you for challenges that come your way. 

After graduating from Barry University in Miami with a bachelor's degree in Sports Medicine & Athletic Training, she married her college sweetheart.  Together they have raised two beautiful children, Gavin, 8 and Shannon, 6.  A busy full time mom, she currently teaches preschool.  




Barbara is also a Mary Kay consultant.  She teaches in a different way with Mary Kay; this time with skin care and mineral color cosmetics...a far cry from three year olds.  "I love teaching and Mary Kay has given me the opportunity to teach while sharing the gift of hope."  

I recently had the chance to get a make-over from Barbara, as well as a lesson on how to recreate the "smokey eye."   Besides it being apparent to me that I should not be going out of the house without make-up, I learned techniques about my make-up application that I have been doing wrong all this time.  Did you know that if a product doesn't say "eye" on it, you shouldn't use it on your eyes?  Yeah, I didn't.

BEFORE
AFTER


How do I look?  Very Kardashian if I do say so myself.  And the whole process wasn't as long as I thought.  Maybe I don't have to do my make-up in the car to save time...
 

Not only is being a Mary Kay consultant important to Barbara, but The Mary Kay foundation is very dear to her heart as well.  When her mother was diagnosed with cancer, it was the kindness of foundations like Mary Kay that gave her mom the quality care she needed.  Strangers donated selflessly to the cause.  Now Mary Kay has given her the privilege to give back while beautifying women. 

"My Mary Kay business has given me more than what I would have dreamt of.  It gave me the sisterhood I needed after losing my Mom to cancer, the encouragement to build my career, and the financial freedom to provide for my family."  Barbara's Mary Kay business has truly given her the gift of hope and the gift of freedom.  The most important gift was helping her to set her priorities to be God first, family second, and career third! 



To learn more about Mary Kay and The Mary Kay Foundation, visit their website at MaryKay.com.

Let Barbara help you find your outer (& inner) beauty!  You can visit her Mary Kay website for personal beauty consulting. 


Pay It Forward Friday is a way to showcase individual talent and businesses.  Want to be featured on Pay It Forward Friday?  Feel free to email me and let me know a little about yourself.


 
Alexis

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio