"" The Exhausted Mom: It Was Only Just a Dream...

September 4, 2012

It Was Only Just a Dream...

I have been having a really hard time sleeping lately.  I feel like one of my kids...I've been having nightmares.  

I wish my nightmares were of werewolves, monsters, even "Freddie Kruger" would be welcomed!  But mine have been more real...vivid.  

I can recall each detail in my head.  Even when I close my eyes right now, I can see everything as it has just happened.  I can't erase the images from my mind.  They are so REAL. 

The first night, I dreamed that I was walking in a parking lot with my kids and "Little Ricky" started running.  When I called to him to stop, he only ran faster.  He ran so fast that he almost hit a car.  Then there was a big truck...you know the kind, a regular pick up truck with those giant wheels that make them really high.  I heard his engine start, but "Little Ricky" didn't.  He ran right into the wheel at the same time that the truck backed out.  He got pulled under the wheel and was crushed.  I woke up screaming and crying.  I had to rush into his room to make sure that he was there.  I was scared to go back to sleep.

The next night, I dreamed that I was at a local shopping area in Miami.  At this particular place, there is also a bus and metro station.  I was walking toward one of the bus stops at the same time a bus was pulling up to pick up passengers.  The bus must have been moving too fast and it hit the bus stop.  The driver flew out of the window and bounced onto the pavement.  Again, I woke up and was scared to close my eyes again.  

I of course needed to know that I'm not a witch and these dreams aren't premonitions.  I researched dream interpretations and found that death means that your relationship with that person is changing.  In the case of my nightmare about "Little Ricky," it could also mean that I feel that I am not able to protect him.  I have mentioned before that he is the type of kid to have to learn the hard way, but I don't want his lesson to be that cruel.

But what about the bus driver who was a total stranger?  


I'm scared to go to sleep at night.  Why can't I just dream about winning the lottery?


Alexis

2 comments:

  1. wow thats scary ... had a lot of "chasing" type dreams-they are terrible. just might be since little ricky is getting older :( wish they could stay babies!! hope the dreams get better and you are able to get some sleep...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio