"" The Exhausted Mom: Resolution Rewind: How I'm Doing So Far

March 12, 2013

Resolution Rewind: How I'm Doing So Far

So it's been exactly 2 months and 12 days since I made my New Year's resolutions.   I wanted to become a better me.  Well, here's how I've been doing so far....




1)  Drink more water.
Some days are better than others.  I keep a water bottle on hand all day, I just don't really drink.  Any ideas on how to FORCE myself to drink it? 
2)  Take better care of my skin.
This I've been doing.  Despite a mini bout of adult acne (it was really just one pimple) last month, my skin has been looking pretty good.  I know that more water will help this...I'm trying!
3)  Exercise regularly.
I've actually been doing pretty well with this.  I've found my rhythm.  Since I ran the Color Me Rad race in February, I've been keeping up with it.  I even run to my kids' baseball games instead of riding in the car with them.  

Next part of this goal is strength training...but I'm finding a harder time fitting that one in. 
4)  Family dinners.
I have to be more forceful with this one....
5)  Eat out only once a week (or less).
This has been going better.  If not for anything than for the desire to not spend the money.
6)  Reduce my sugar intake.
I have eliminated (most) sugar!  WOO HOO!  I'll have an occasional piece of dark chocolate here and there, but it's gone. 
7)  Cut the clutter.
Next....
8)  Take advantage of my city.
Once my kids' baseball season is over, I'm actually going to write this into my calendar....I know, excuses, excuses.
9)  Date night.
We have had a date so far once a month since I wrote this...it's just not a standing date.  We've just been lucky the past 2 months....
10)  Read more.
This isn't working out as planned....maybe I should cut down on the TV watching....
NAH!
11)  Stop obsessing about my weight.
Since I've cut the sugar and I'm working out more, not to mention eating better, I have lost about 8-9 lbs.  This is helping me not obsess as much. 
12)  Learn to let it go.
This is a big personality change for me...harder than it sounds....
13)  Be thankful.
I am thankful.  This is making me much more happy.


If you made New Year's resolutions, how are yours going so far?  How many did you keep?  How many did you break?

Alexis

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio