"" The Exhausted Mom: LeapFrog My Robot Friend is Everyone's Friend!

March 11, 2013

LeapFrog My Robot Friend is Everyone's Friend!



Chances are, you have some type of iOS device.  You know, an iPhone, iPad, iPod.... Throw some kids into that mix and I have an app for you!

LeapFrog, a name synonymous with educational toys, has come out with a new app for iOS systems.  It's called LeapFrog My Robot Friend.  



This great critical thinking app helps the child work through mazes using problem solving skills.  The child needs to count the steps that their robot should take in order to make it to the treasure chest.  Sometimes they are backed into a corner and need to use varied direction cards with positive and negative numbers to help their robot.  It's almost as if they are mini computer programers giving simple step directions to their robot.  




With each completed level, the mazes become more complex and the child needs to be sure their direction cards are in the correct order.  As a teacher, I like to play games before handing it over to kids.  I like to fail to see what happens when a child fails.  My Robot Friend gives your child unlimited chances to make the correct moves.  


The rewards?  Each time the robot makes it to the treasure chest, the child gets to choose ways to customize their robot as well as fun mini games to take the robot to like my kids' favorite The Dance Party.
 



Before downloading the app, I knew I could count on my 6 year old to want to play and be my "guinnea pig" to test out the app.  I wasn't sure if my 8 year old would be willing to play since he didn't know if it was "cool" enough.  He sat right down next to his brother and was soon telling him what to do and taking the iPad away.  And now thanks to the all powerful cloud, my boys have it on their iTouches and I find them playing it all the time.




Check out how LeapFrog My Robot Friend is played:




Here are some app details: 

Teaches:
  • Problem-solving
  • Logic and reasoning
  • Programming skills
  • Sequencing
  • Mathematics
  • Spelling
Features:
  • 80 levels of story-driven gameplay
  • 3 mini games including: Dance Party, Spelling Bee and Save the Monkey
  • Unlock secret content
  • Earn coins, ribbons and rewards
  • Customize your robot with OVER 180 PIECES OF CONTENT like crazy clothes, wacky wigs and more!
  • Earn over 30 game achievements


This app is so worth the $3.99 price tag.  I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a bit addicted to it as well!  Visit iTunes to download your own copy...you won't regret it!



I was selected for this opportunity by Clever Girls Collective but content and opinions expressed here are all my own. To learn more about the app, visit here #CleverRobotFriend #spon


Alexis

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio