"" The Exhausted Mom: Thirsty Thursday ~ Minty Peach Martini

March 13, 2013

Thirsty Thursday ~ Minty Peach Martini

St. Patrick's Day is coming up this weekend.  You know, Erin Go Braugh and all that?  What better time to come back with Thirsty Thursdays?!? OH YEAH, I'm back baby!
 
To me, St. Patty's Day is just an excuse to wear green, eat corned beef and cabbage, and drink green beer.   Now that I'm taking better care of myself, I don't want to give up the food, the color green, or the alcohol, but I do want to give up the calories

I went searching for a yummy low-cal St. Patty's Day treat and I came across Shape magazine's website.  That's where I found this:


Minty Peach Martini

130 calories, 10 grams sugar
 
Photo from Shape.com
Skip the green-colored beer this year and try crafting this low-cal martini created by The Cocktail Guru Jonathan Pogash. Fresh lemon juice and peach-flavored vodka lends the drink a fresh, fruity boost.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz. Van Gogh Cool Peach Vodka
1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. agave nectar
8-10 mint leaves


Directions:
Add ingredients to a mixing glass with ice and shake very well. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with mint sprig.


After a couple of these babies, you'll be screaming "Kiss me, I'm Irish!"


Want more Thirsty Thursday?  Have you tried the Bombay Sapphire Cranberry Buck

 
Alexis

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio