"" The Exhausted Mom: Exploring Florida in a Ford Explorer

April 1, 2013

Exploring Florida in a Ford Explorer

Wow.  That's all I can say.  WOW! 


Have you taken a look at Ford lately?  If you haven't, you should.  The new fleet of Explorers are to die for!

I was recently given the chance to drive the 2013 Ford Explorer Sport Edition to Kennedy Space Center in Florida.  What a great SUV!  It was so "space-ious" and comfortable for my family. 


First off, the Explorer Sport is "powered by a 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Direct fuel injection and twin turbochargers.  And it has instantaneous low-end torque responsiveness with virtually no turbo lag."  I am no car enthusiast, and I have absolutely no idea what that means, but that car can ZOOM!  I barely touched the pedal and we "blasted off!"


Room enough for 7 (& all my stuff!)
The Explorer Sport has everything I would need in an SUV.  It comes standard with 3 rows of seating for up to 7 adults.  I've found with some SUVs in this category that when your 3rd row is up for seating, you lose trunk space.  That was not the case with the Explorer Sport.  There was PLENTY of room in the trunk for all that I needed to lug around on a daily basis.  I don't have a stroller, but I honestly feel that one would fit in perfectly even with the back row in the upright position.  The 3rd row also folded down completely to create the allusion of a truck. 


Check out the technology!
Did I mention it was fully loaded with all the "bells & whistles"?  Awesomeness!  The Explorer Sport comes standard with the Driver Connect package.  That gives you SYNC® with MyFord Touch® driver-connect technology.  I was able to use voice commands to make phone calls, choose music and more!  (My husband's Ford F-150 truck has it....I have technology envy!)  


In the front console there was a media hub with two USB ports, SD card reader and video input jacks.  Just perfect for the tech savvy family on the run!  There were also many other AV jacks and an actual outlet to be used with standard plugs (handy for those extra electrical devices that you may have).


The kids thought the Ford Explorer Sport was "sweet" and the "coolest car ever!"  I loved how, even though it's considered a midsize SUV, I didn't feel like I was driving a truck...it handled like a luxury car.  

At the pump:
16 mpg city
22 mpg hwy

If you're looking for a midsize SUV, consider the Ford Explorer Sport if you also like:
  • Chevy Traverse
  • Toyota Highlander
  • Honda Pilot     
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee
 

I was loaned the Ford Explorer Sport with a full tank of gas to facilitate this review.  All other costs associated with visiting Cocoa Beach were personally paid for.  All opinions are my own. No compensation was received for this post.


Alexis

2 comments:

  1. I have a Ford Expedition and LOVE it! It's spacious and drives wonderfully... I wouldn't give it up for anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is an F-150 owner. I had an Explorer before we got the minivan. The new model is just gorgeous!

      Delete

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio