With the entering of spring, I found this great cocktail at Averie Cooks that is also a nice addition to any spring gathering.
Coconut Water Champagne Fruit Punch
(Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, No Sugar Added)
Makes about 3 cups punch – double or triple the recipe as desired
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water, flavored or plain (I used one Vita Coco Coconut Water container in Pineapple flavor which is 11.2 ounces, or about 1 1/2 cups)
|Recipe & photo from Averie Cooks|
- 1 cup+ champagne or white wine*
- 1/2 cup+ orange juice (or other juice; pineapple, apple, pomegranate, grape)
- 1/4 cup to 2 cups+ fruit, frozen or fresh (quantity used will vary from a couple berries or cubes of pineapple as a garnish to 1 to 2+ cups of fruit added to the punch mixture such as orange wedges, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, watermelon cubes, mango cubes, etc.)
- splash grenadine, optional
- 1 drop pink or red food food coloring, optional
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl or pitcher, stir to combine, chill in the refrigerator before serving.
*If you do not drink alcohol, you can use non-alcoholic wine or champagne, white grape juice, or simply omit and adjust proportions of other ingredients to taste.
Note: Ice waters down this punch more than I like and I suggest using frozen fruit since it will help keep the punch colder and (it’s cheaper than fresh anyway. Or freeze pineapple juice, orange juice, apple juice, or coconut water in ice cube trays in advance to use as the “ice” cubes. If you are using a considerable amount of ice, you may want to increase the amount of wine or champagne, to taste.
What a great addition to any party this spring! (And the color is really cute too!!)
Have you tried this Thirsty Thursday concoction?
The Coco Vodka Tonic